A domain name with the Status of ‘clientHold’ has usually expired. When your domain name is in clienthold status it will no longer work on the internet. This is because the registry has suspended it until they receive a renewal order.
To remove the clientHold status, you need to renew your domain name in the Admin Panel or API. How can I renew my domain name?
But my domain name doesn’t expire for another year?
- Log in to the Admin Panel
- Hover over 'Domains' and click 'Renew'
- Check the box next to the domain name that you want to renew. You can check multiple boxes
- Click 'Add to Domain Renewal List'
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Click 'Renew'
When you perform a WHOIS lookup, you may notice an extra year on the expiry date. The Registry gives you an extra year to allow you to renew your domain name, even though the domain name has expired.
If the domain name is not renewed within a period (usually within 40 days of the expiry date) the Registry will remove the extra year and the domain name will be placed under Redemption Period status, or deleted entirely.