What are SRV records?
An SRV record (Service record) is a specification of data in the Domain Name System that specifies the location (that is, the hostname and port number of servers) for particular services.
SRV record format
_Service._Proto.Name TTL Class SRV Priority Weight Port Target
Cloud Hosting customers
All customers who have access to Zone Manager in TheConsole can self-manage their SRV records.
Follow the instructions below to create one:
_sip._tcp.example.com. 86400 IN SRV 1 5 5060 sipserver.example.com
- Log in to the customer console of the domain you want to make changes to
- Click the domain you want to manage
- Click Zone Manager in the left menu
- Select SRV from the drop down menu and click 'Create new record'
- On the following page you will need to enter the details as shown below:
6. Click [Add Record]
Note: standard DNS propagation time of approximately 2 hours may apply. Refreshing the cache may help to resolve the redirection. Press CTRL-F5 (PC) or CMD-R(Mac).
cPanel Hosting customers
- Customers of cPanel have no access to management of SRV records. If you currently hold a service on cPanel and wish to manage SRV records, please feel free to contact our Support team to discuss migrating the service to Cloud or to have the records setup for you.