- The transfer is initiated through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request.
- The losing registrar will send an email to the Owner/Admin-C. allowing him/her to deny the transfer. If you do not respond to the email of the losing registrar, then the transfer will get processed successfully after 5 days.
If the Email-Address in the WHOIS is invalid, then the transfer cannot be processed. If this is the case, then kindly contact your current registrar and ask him to update the WHOIS information accordingly.
- A .aero domain transfer must be initiated with a so-called authorisation code, which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS.
- If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that the domain will be unlocked.
- Please note that we are only allowed to initiate a gTLD transfer after confirmation of the "ICANN Form of Authorization" by the current registrant. The policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/
- After a successful transfer of the domain, it will be transfer locked from the registry for a period of 60 days.
You need an ID and respective password in order to register a .aero domain name. Please see the website of the registry for further information.