Select a Domain
The Select a Domain section of the interface lists the domain name and website directory (document root) for every domain that your cPanel account owns. If a domain currently uses a Site Publisher website, the interface also lists the website's template's name.
- Click the domain name to open the domain in a new browser window.
- Click the website directory to open that directory in cPanel's File Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> File Manager) in a new browser window.
If your cPanel account owns a large number of domains, the interface automatically paginates the table. Click the page numbers in the top right corner of the section to navigate between pages of domains, or use the Search text box at the top of the list to search for a domain.
Site Publisher files
When you publish a Site Publisher website, cPanel automatically performs the following actions:
The script saves a copy of the domain's document root's current contents as a tarball in the
userrepresents your cPanel account's username.
- The system deletes any existing Site Publisher backups that are more than 30 days old.
- The system generates the new Site Publisher website's files and stores them in the domain's document root.
- If one of the new website's files conflicts with an existing file, the system overwrites the existing file with the new file.
- If the system encounters an error during this step, it restores the website's original contents from the backup tarball and does not publish the new Site Publisher website.
The system saves configuration information for the new website in the
userrepresents your cPanel account's username. It saves this file as the
home-user-public_html-example.comrepresents the Site Publisher website's target directory, with hyphens (
-) instead of slashes (