The .cfd gTLD will create a new generation gTLD serving the interests of end users by providing an authoritative Internet space where information about contracts for difference trading (CFDs), services and resources of the IG Group Holdings plc (IG Group). .cfd will communicate some key information on CFD trading, how to securely trade in CFDs and offer internet users the possibility to trade. The .cfd gTLD will be closely controlled by IG Group. The majority of the anticipated domain name registrations in.cfd will be used in the promotion and communication of CFDs as a transparent and viable investment opportunity offered by IG Group, and more in particular its brand IG Markets, its affiliates and partners that are associated with the product. A subset of domain names has the potential to be created for communication and marketing purposes, with internet users assured of the legitimacy of the product offered by IG Group, IG Markets, its affiliates and partners. Second and third level domains will possibly include geographical names to provide relevant information to customers in specific regions.
In accordance with the Application, the following entity is eligible to register domain names in
the .CFD TLD:
- An entity holding one or more regulatory permissions granted by a financial regulatory
authority in respect of the CFD space.
- It is a condition of continued registration and renewal of a domain name that the registrant
continues to meet the eligibility requirements set out at above.
- If you are an Appointed Representative or Tied Agent (or other) acting on behalf of a regulated
firm, you must provide the relevant information in order to identify yourself as such.
- An Applicant will be asked to provide the authorisation number provided by its financial
regulator, as relevant to the jurisdiction in which it operates.
- An Applicant will be asked to identify the regulatory permission(s) that it holds. Such
permissions may include (a) Introducing (b) Advising (c) Counterparty to client trades (d)
Discretionary management (e) Dealing as an agent (f) Other.