Eligible registrants to register a second-level name in .Versicherung TLD are based in the countries of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland and are in detail:
- a. Governments
- b. Governmental organizations regulating the insurance industry
- c. Organizations and individuals (sole proprietors) that are recognized and registered members of the insurance industry community:
- (i) Primary insurers, reinsurers and social insurers with an authorization within the legal frameworks for the insurance industry in the respective countries.
- (ii) Insurance agents and insurance intermediaries with an authorization within the legal framework for the insurance industry in the respective countries
- (iii) At an official public register registered associations, educational institutions and service providers of the insurance industry.
Anyone may have the registrant's compliance with the registration guidelines checked via a legal or an extra-judicial dispute resolution process.
On request of the registry, a .VERSICHERUNG Domain Name registrant has to proof its relationship to the Insurance community as defined in the .VERSICHERUNG registration policy.
The .VERSICHERUNG TLD as a Community TLD has both, content and use restrictions:
- (i) Content: .VERSICHERUNG domain names must only be used for purposes solely dedicated to insurance topics.
- (ii) Use: The registrant must have started the use of a .VERSICHERUNG domain name within six months after the registration in respect to the content and use restrictions of a .VERSICHERUNG domain.