.rio , .rio.br
Allowed character length
1 - 63 characters
a-z, 0-9, -MUST NOT contain two consecutive hyphens in the third and fourth character positions and MUST NOT start or end with a hyphen.
Transfer locks possible
Renewal on transfer
8 - 32 characters
2 - 13
Autorenew Grace Period
35 days after expiration date
- Names under .rio are only for usage by the city council of Rio.
- A .rio domain owner needs to be either:
- Legal entity incorporated in Brazil, with headquarters, branch, franchisee or licensee located in the city of Rio de Janeiro, with active record in “Cadastro Nacional das Pessoas Jurídicas – CNPJ/MF” of the Finance Ministry.
- Individual with fixed address in the city of Rio de Janeiro, with active record in “Cadastro das Pessoas Físicas – CPF/MF” of the Finance Ministry.
- A domain owner that loses eligibility to a .rio domain is subject to termination of DNS publication for the domain, and to domain removal, no matter of the domain expiration date.
- Two pre-configured nameservers are required
- No trustee service is allowed; abuse can lead to the deletion of the domain name by the registry
- These restrictions and additional information can be found in the registration policies