The RSP makes sure through it's Registration Agreement that the registrant acknowledges and agrees to the Eligibility Requirements of the different Pegistration Periods. Further details can be found on the registry website and the official .gal portal.
- To register and renew a .gal domain name, RNH must be an individual or legal entity with a nexus to the .gal community at the time of registration and thereafter.
- Registrations under the .gal TLD are restricted to those fulfilling these two requirements:
- a) bona-fide membership of the Galician linguistic and cultural community on the Internet. The community consists of those who use (or commit to use) the Galician language for their online communications, and/or promote the different aspects of Galician culture online, and/or intend to specifically address their online communications and services to that community.
- b) subject to the further requirement that the registrant’s actions in the Galician linguistic and cultural community, as well as the registrant’s use of the registered domain name, must be:
- generally accepted as legitimate; and beneficial to the cause and the values of the Galician linguistic and cultural community; and commensurate with the role and importance of the registered domain name; and in good faith at the time of registration and thereafter.
- RNH is required to state the intended use of the registered domain name. A false statement of intended use is an indication of bad faith and can be the basis for the suspension of the domain name.
- Upon registration and during all the life of the .gal domain name RNH must be able to demonstrate either of the aforementioned requirements is applicable.