To register and renew a .bzh domain name, you must either:
- Have a postal address in Brittany (Côtes d'Armor, Ille-et-Vilaine, Finistère, Morbihan, Loire-Atlantique),
- Have a website with a significant and original part devoted to Brittany or Breton culture,
- Have a website written for a significant and original part in Breton or Gallese language.
A company or association which has a postal address in one of the five departments of historic Brittany (Finistère, Morbihan, Loire Atlantique, Côtes d'Armor and Ille et Vilaine) can therefore automatically register a .bzh.
An individual, an association ... who does not live in Brittany but who wishes to demonstrate his attachment to Brittany, his culture or his languages from a distance, can also register a .bzh. Lovers of Brittany, wherever they are in the world, whatever their nationality, are therefore free to create a .bzh website to refer to heritage, Breton landscapes, language, etc.
The attachment requested is therefore manifested by a geographic location (postal address in Brittany) or by an immaterial reference (mention of Brittany on a website)
Names of municipalities
The association www.bzh ensures by default the protection of the names of Breton municipalities. The names of communities can only be registered by them or by a third party who has obtained their formal agreement.This protection extends to their writing in French, Breton and Gallo.
To register and renew a .bzh domain name, You must fill in at least one
of the following conditions:
- Have a postal address in Brittany (Côtes d'Armor, Ille-et-Vilaine, Finistère,
- Have a website with a significant and original part dedicated to
Brittany or Breton culture, at the latest six (6) months after the registration of
Your domain name,
- Have a website written for a significant and original part in language
Breton or Gallese, at the latest six (6) months after the registration of your Name
- Be a member of the association www.bzh [www.pik.bzh].
The “First come, first served” rule Unless otherwise provided for in certain registration phases, the registration of Domain names under the top level domain .bzh is based on the principle of "first first come, first served, that is, it is provided in chronological order of receipt of requests made by Registrars. However, we cannot guarantee that You will obtain the desired Domain Name, even if this Domain Name is indicated as being available at the time of Your request.