The City of New York desires to have only those individuals or entities having a substantive and lawful connection to the City be permitted to register for .nyc domain names ("Nexus Policy").
- Registrants in .nyc must be either:
- a natural person whose primary place of domicile is a valid physical address in the City of New York (“Nexus Category 1”); or
- an entity or organization that has a physical street address in the City of New York (“Nexus Category 2”).
- The existence of a P.O. Box address in the City of New York shall not qualify for purposes of meeting the Nexus Policy.
- Registrants must agree in their Agreement with their Registrar and/or Reseller, whichever applicable, that they are in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws, including the tax requirements for conducting business via the Internet. Registrants may find more information about compliance with the City tax laws at the City of New York Department of Finance’s website (currently at www.nyc.gov/finance).
- Registrants must remain in compliance with the applicable Nexus Category for the entire period of such domain name’s registration by the registrant.
- Registrants may not license, sub-delegate or otherwise transfer .nyc domain names to third parties that otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this Nexus Policy.