Data Quality Policy
(further details can be found in the Nominet policies)
When registering a second- or third-level .uk domain name, please make sure that the contact handles used include the following information:
- Registrant name/organization, value has to contain a minimum of 4 characters with at least 3 letters
- street value must contain non numerical characters
city, country and zip code must be given to be validated
- phone number has to be in the following form +Countrycode.Area code.Subscriber number
- email address has to meet the following requirements:
must contain an @ character
at least one character in front of the @ character
must end with a valid TLD
no space/blank at the beginning or end
- All contact information will be checked for completeness and contact information (Name, Organization, Address) will be validated
if Nominet cannot validate the information, it has to be validated by the reseller, RRPproxy will send a corresponding notification.
The registrant is asked by the reseller to provide appropriate proof of identity, e.g. driving licence, passport, national ID card (for non-UK citizens), national insurance card (for UK citizens), official company letterhead, company stamp
The reseller will review the documents provided by the registrant
If the documents are correct, the reseller will forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following syntax of the subject: [domainname.uk: Confirming validation and document accuracy] and including attached documentation, not be larger than 5MB; allowed file types: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg. The sender and file names will only be accepted by our automated system while using US-ASCII characters.
The email will be processed by RRPproxy and the contact will be validated automatically
If no valid evidence has been provided within 29 days the domain will be suspended. However, the domain will not be deleted. Thus, validation may be processed even after the 29 days to reactivate the domain name.