.it (SLDs: bz.it & co.it)
Allowed character length
3 - 63 characters
a-z, 0-9, -According to RFC 5891 IDNs MUST NOT contain two consecutive hyphens in the third and fourth character positions and MUST NOT start or end with a hyphen.RFC 5891: Hyphen Restrictions
Transfer locks possible
Renewal on transfer
6 - 32 characters
2 - 6
Local contact requirements
Owner contact required
Autorenew Grace Period
13 days after expiration date
6 to 12 hours
- Only individual and juridical persons residing in or belonging to a EU Member State can register domain names under the ccTLD .it:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Republic of San Marino
- Vatican City
- All others can use our trustee service to register a .it domain.
- Name servers for a .it domain have to be correctly configured before the actual registration. The registry checks the name servers for a period of 30 days, else the registration will fail and the domain will be deleted.
- Please check that the following requirements are met:
- The master server stated in the SOA of the zone must be one of the nameservers given with the domain application.
- Each nameserver stated in the application must have a valid NS entry.
- Check your name server configuration at the registry