up to 1 working day
Allowed character length
3 - 63 characters
a-z, 0-9, -MUST NOT contain two consecutive hyphens in the third and fourth character positions and MUST NOT start or end with a hyphen.
Transfer locks possible
Renewal on transfer
6 - 16 characters
2 - 6
32 days prior to paiduntil date
- Name servers for .dk domain names must be approved by Hostmaster-DK before sending a registration request.
- Register name server
- All name servers in the .dk zone must be registered and approved by DK hostmaster.
- To get this approval of name servers, the administrator must document the needed technical knowledge about dns, including setting up domain names on a name server. DK Hostmaster does not support setting up name servers.
- As a part of the approving process, the applicant must allow zone transfer from the name servers to:
- Name server at DK Hostmaster: hostcount.dk-hostmaster.dk
- IPv4 address: 126.96.36.199
- IPv6 address: 2a01:630:0:40:3:4:5:6
- The form has become obsolete. Please use the Hostmaster-DK website instead. Approval of name servers will take a minimum of 2 work days to process. When the name servers are approved, the registry will notify you in an email.
- For the change of nameservers please see procedure below
- This section of DK Hostmasters website directs primary to DNS contacts
- Existing name servers must be administrated, using the registry self service.
- New name servers can be created using this link.
- Change name servers IP address:
- When a name server receives a new IP address, DK Hostmaster only needs to update this information, if the name server is a part of the .dk zone and the name server hosts its own domain.
- If the name server is not in the .dk zone? It will not be possible to make the update in the .dk zone. The update must be performed in the name servers zone. Ex. .com, .org or .net.
- Does the name server run its own domain? Changes of the name servers IP addresses must be updated, using registry self service.
- How can I see if the name server is running its own domain? In this example, we use the registry name servers:
- all run our domain: dk-hostmaster.dk
- As the name for two of the registry name servers both dk-hostmaster.dk, the registry says, they run their own domain. That is why changes of these name servers IP addresses, must be updated in the registry self service. The name server authns1.ngdc.net must be updated in the .net zone.
- Changing the name of your name server If the name server is to given a new name, it must be registered, and approved by dk-hostmaster. After the approval, all domain names can be redelegated internally to the new name server. Then the old name server, can be removed from the .dk zone.