What are SRV records?
An SRV record (Service record) is a specification of data in the Domain Name System that specifies the location (that is, the hostname and port number of servers) for particular services.
SRV record format
_Service._Proto.Name TTL Class SRV Priority Weight Port Target
PartnerConsole DNS customers
All customers who have access to Zone Manager in TheConsole can self-manage their SRV records.
Follow the instructions below to create one:
_sip._tcp.example.com. 86400 IN SRV 1 5 5060 sipserver.example.com
- Log in to the customer console of the domain you want to make changes to
- Click the domain you want to manage
- Click Zone Manager in the left menu
- Select SRV from the drop down menu and click 'Create new record'
- On the following page you will need to enter the details as shown below:
6. Click [Add Record]
Note: standard DNS propagation time of approximately 2 hours may apply. Refreshing the cache may help to resolve the redirection. Press CTRL-F5 (PC) or CMD-R(Mac).
cPanel Hosting customers
- Log into your Account
- Manage the domain you wish to make changes to
- Click cPanel login
- Under the Domains area, click Zone Editor
- Click Manage
- Click the + Add Record drop-down menu to select Add SRV Record