How to Install/Update the TPP Wholesale registrar Module in WHMCS
- The module is included in WHMCS v5.2 and later versions. If using v5.1.2 or an earlier version, you will need to update the module. You can download the tppwregistrar module here: http://www.tppwholesale.com.au/files/tppwregistrar.zip
- Upload the tppwregistrar.zip file to the /modules/registrar/directory.
- Unzip the tppwregistrar.zip, which will create or replace the tppwregistrar directory.
WHMCS Configuration for TPP Wholesale Module
- Log in to your WHMCS as admin and set up the domain registrar by clicking on Setup → Product/Services → Domain Registrars → Activate TPP Wholesale
- To activate the TPP Wholesale registrar, hover over 'Account Settings', then 'API & WHMCS', then 'API & WHMCS Settings', then click ‘API Log in Credentials’
- Leave the default account field blank if you are happy for WHMCS to create client accounts on the TPP Wholesale systems and group each client's domain registrations within them. If you'd prefer to have all the domain names simply grouped in one account on the TPP Wholesale systems, enter that Account Reference. Save any changes to complete the activation.
How to Configure WHMCS
You can configure your individual WHMCS settings by following the prompts on each of the pages in the setup. To access these setups, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the Admin Area (WHMCS) and configure your General Settings by clicking 'Set Up' and then 'General Settings'
- Set up your 'Payment Gateways', also found under 'Setup' and then 'Payment Gateways'
- Set up your 'Products & Services', also found under 'Setup' and then 'Products and Services'
- Configure your Domain Pricing, also found under 'Setup', then 'Products and Services' then 'Domain Pricing'
- Set up your Support Ticket Department, also found under 'Setup' and then 'Support Ticket Department'
- Set up email piping so you can manage tickets using the WHMCS Support Desk
- Log in to the Admin Area (WHMCS) and configure your Domain Pricing by clicking 'Setup', then 'Products & Services', then 'Domain Pricing'
- Enter the domain extension in the TLD text field, for example: ‘.com.au’
- Click 'Save Changes'
- Click the 'Open Pricing' link, found in the Pricing column
- Enter the price you want to sell the domain name extension for in the Register, Transfer and Renewal fields. For example: Register = 29.95, Transfer = 0.00 and Renewal = 29.95. Leave Register = 0 to disable the term
- Click 'Save Changes'
- Replicate the above steps to configure the other domain name extensions (TLDs) you wish to sell
How to test whether your Connection is working
To test if your WHMCS is connecting correctly to your TPPW admin panel, you need to have an existing domain name in your admin panel.
- Log in to the Admin Area of WHMCS and click 'Clients' then 'View/Search Clients'
- Select a customer from the list to view their Client Profile
- Click 'Add New Order'
- Click the Domain Registration option and enter the domain name in the Domain Name text field
- Select the correct registration period
- Click 'Submit Order'
- In the Registrar dropdown, select ‘TPPWregistrar’ and uncheck the 'Send to Registrar' box
- Click 'Accept Order'
- Click the Domain link to view the domain name in the Client Profile
A successful connection to a domain name in your Admin Panel will allow you to manage the name servers, contact information and view the domain password. If you have received an error, it could be for a number of reasons. Our API should provide you with an error code and response. You can learn more about WHMCS error codes by clicking here.