Step by step overview on how to migrate an e-mail service between different platforms. Please note that the instructions provided below are for the Outlook Email Client.
Please note that customers that are only using webmail & not an email client will need to backup Calendars & Contacts manually as this will not be downloaded when adding your email service into Outlook.
- The email service with the destination provider will need to be provisioned
- Once the service has been provisioned, the email accounts will need to be configured to match the current email service such as Email Address / Password / Groups etc
- You will need to determine a date/time as to when you would like to cut over the DNS Zone Records for the email service
- Once determined, you will then need to Export your mailbox to a .PST file using Outlook
- Once all mailboxes have been backed up, you will then need to update your DNS Zone File to point the records at your new Email Service
- As soon as you have confirmed that the new DNS Zone File Records have propagated, you will need to Remove your account in Outlook & re-configure your email client by Re-adding your Email Account in Outlook
- Once this is confirmed as working, you will then need to Import your mailbox using the .PST backup
TPP Wholesale has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy & reliability of the information provided on this guide. TPP does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness or reliability of the information contained on this guide.