Step by step instructions on how to disable Microsoft Security Defaults in Azure Active Directory. This is a default security feature which will be enabled by default when any new Microsoft 365 Tenancy has been setup.
When any user logs into any of the Microsoft 365 Portals, they will be presented with the following -
Global Administration rights are required to make the change. If you do not have these assigned to your Admin user then please contact our Support Team. You will need to complete the following steps in order to turn off the Security Defaults feature -
- Visit https://portal.office.com
- Login using the Microsoft 365 Admin Credentials (Instructions on how to do this can be found here)
- Once logged in, proceed to click the Admin Icon in the top left hand corner
- Click Show all on the left hand side
- Click Azure Active Directory which will open Azure in a new window
- Once Azure opens, click Azure Active Directory on the left hand side
- Click Properties
- Click Manage Security defaults
- Click No
- Click Save
We understand the importance of security and recommend customers to look into Multi-factor Authentication (MFA). Instructions on how to enable this can be found here.